EBS Data Breach

16,000 mortgage account holders received a letter from the EBS stating they were mistakenly reported to the Irish Credit Bureau.

If you got a letter from EBS then you may be entitled to compensation.

We are engaging with numerous clients to get the compensation they are entitled to and we are working with a barrister who specialises in data protection, William McLoughlin BL, to make a claim under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.

Does any of the following apply to you?

1. Inaccurate reporting (is a data breach): If EBS incorrectly reported you to the Irish Credit Bureau (ICB) and it affected your credit rating then it constitutes unlawful processing of personal data under GDPR.

2. Credit refusal/ Loss of job: If you have had your data rights breached due to an incorrect ICB rating and if you applied for a loan, finance or credit and was refused as a result of your bad credit rating then you may be entitled to compensation for having your loan, finance or credit refused.

3. Financial loss or emotional distress/upset: If you have had your data rights breached, were refused finance or credit as a result of this breach but you also suffered some other financial loss or emotional distress as a result of not getting this finance. This could include the loss of a business, re-mortgage, breakdown of family relations, etc. depending on your circumstances.

4. Your history with EBS: If you had been previously contacted EBS over your mortgage, repayments or outstanding monies then you may be unhappy with their service to date. On top of this, people struggled to make their mortgage a priority only to now discover that they were given a bad credit rating through no fault of their own. This may be very upsetting to a lot of people, may affect their relationship and cause worries and stress over finances. If so, you may fall under both categories 3 and 4 as a result.

Regardless, if you think you have been unfairly treated due to their mistake, you may be entitled to compensation.

What can you do?

Make a claim for compensation. Call us on 01 6854458 for a no obligation chat to see if you are entitled to compensation. We can tell you very quickly if you have a case.

Feel free to call us on 01 6854458 with no obligation to take a case.